Saturday, July 19, 2008

NYC STREET

It's finished, and it has has been an instructive effort. Overall I'm pleased with the results, but realize I have to work on rendering the loose, semi-abstract stuff. It is more difficult with the built environment (cars, signs, other objects) than with the natural landscape. My initial attempts at the foreground were awkward and stilted. Things improved when I learned to loosen up a bit, but some of the stiffness is still evident.

No doubt I will try again.


NYC Street acrylic 30x24 $1500

5 comments:

Patience-please said...

he's being too hard on himself. It's really most excellent in person.

Patience who only says it when she means it!

Peanut said...

Well I like it.

Rachelle

Joe Stains said...

I love it!!!

Rhonda

Dianne Mize said...

I just found you at Linda Blondheim's blog. So glad I did. This is an exciting painting. Now I'm going to have a look around at what else you've been doing.

my blog said...

But still you have done a good job.I have liked your work very much.


Essays