Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CLAY LANDSCAPES

I'm not sure where this latest effort will take me...creating "clay landscapes" and mounting them on panels. I have a tendency to get caught up in new work, thinking, wow, this is the cat's ass...I'm really on to something, only to have it fizzle out and join the pile of discarded bad ideas. But, one never knows, and I think we learn something from all that we do, the good, the bad, and the indifferent. Regardless of where this ends up, I am having some fun, and at this time feel that when I'm done there will be a series worth showing. However before that can happen I have to do some restoration work on my clay slab...it has been sorely abused these past few years. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, here are today's results: and yes, this current series is heavy on the purple.





Sometimes there are too many things banging around in my head...this is one of those times.











1 comment:

CORRAL said...

Love them! I really like the first one.

Melissa