Sunday, September 25, 2011

9-24…Fettuccini with sausage-tomato sauce

I ran out of steam after dinner and decided the TV had more appeal than my computer, so this post was put off until this morning.

After a night off for some Buzzard Brother’s BBQ it’s back to the pasta. I’m still working on cleaning out a backlog of refrigerator “stuff”, so tonight I’ll be using the half a package of loose sausage, the unused San Marzano tomatoes, and about a quarter cup of left over creamy tomato sauce.



INGREDIENTS:

San Marzano tomatoes
Italian sausage
Olive oil
Garlic and onion
Fresh basil and oregano, chopped.

PROCESS:

Brown the sausage in a bit of olive oil, remove, and set aside. Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, then add the tomatoes, herbs, and sausage and cook for about 30—45 minutes. I mixed in the leftover creamy tomato sauce about 5 minutes before the pasta was finished cooking.

COMMENTS:

The only thing special about this dish was the taste; I’ve never been disappointed with sausage and good tomatoes. There was also the satisfaction of using every last bit of the creamy tomato sauce I made earlier in the week for the ravioli.

No comments: