Monday, March 12, 2012

3-12…Penne with mushrooms in a simple but rustic tomato sauce.

Tonight was one of those meals when you use what  is available in the fridge and pantry.




INGREDIENTS:

Penne pasta
Olive oil
Garlic and onion
Anchovy fillets
White mushrooms
Bacon
Petite diced tomatoes
Sweet Vermouth
Dried basil and oregano

PROCESS:

Co0k the chopped bacon, remove, and set aside to drain.  Pour off the bacon fat, then cook the garlic, onion, and the finely chopped anchovy fillets in olive oil before adding the mushrooms.  Then add the tomatoes, herbs, and a splash of wine and cook over low heat.

When the pasta is ready, add it to the sauce, along with the bacon, mix well, and serve.

COMMENTS:

I don’t think I can be very objective about this (I haven’t had any pasta all day!), but I’ll try.  It was scrumptious, and it tasted good!  I have no reservations recommending it, or your own variation of it.

No comments: