Tuesday, June 19, 2012

From the studio...

I'm still working on a series of paintings for the show this October, all sharing the same general theme...expansive rural landscapes.  The challenge for me is to avoid doing the same painting over and over.  One way to avoid this is to create different moods by using a variety of palettes; another way is too work on different shapes and sizes of canvas.

The most recent painting is in the familiar horizontal format.  My initial plan was for this to be the first of a diptych, but I am currently having second thoughts on this.  At the moment the canvas is sitting on the easel with the first stages of the background completed.  I can't go any further until I make a decision.

Here is the finished painting, untitled as of now, as it evolved:



Untitled acrylic...16x40"

No comments: