Monday, July 15, 2013

INDUSTRIAL LANDSCAPES Part 2…pastels



It was a simple step working with pastels on the clay print to working only with the pastels  The following paintings are not presented in any chronological order; I don’t remember enough to do that, and I’m too lazy to go through all my old inventory records.

This was one of the early paintings.  It was the first pastel I entered in the Pastel Society of America’s annual juries show where it was accepted, won and award, and was sold.  Needles to say my feet remained off the ground for the next several days after I was informed of this.

Feed Mill...pastel and ink

 Over the next three years the following pastels were all accepted in the show, but sadly there were no more awards or sales.

Gray Smokestacks...pastel...29x30

White ooal...pastel...20x30

Crooked Fence...pastel...20x30
 
Next up...Constructions.

No comments: