Monday, February 1, 2010

ITALIA

For the past several months I have been working on a plan to spend the month of May in Italy where I hope to gather material and inspiration for a new body of work. My primary tools will be a sketch book, pens and pencils, a compact set of watercolors, and a camera. I am now working hard to master some of the fundamentals of the language (my high school Italian course is long gone.) via an online course. Below is a copy of my e-letter that I have sent to my mailing list.

I will let you know the results of the letter, as well as posting updates on the progress I make.




ITALIA

To friends of Gallery 5,

The "old country” beckons. Growing up in a community settled by Italian immigrants, my grandparents among them, Italy was always called “the old country”. I remember hearing that far more often than “Italy”. In the fall of 2008 I made my first trip to Italy, visiting the small village of my grandparents in the southern region of Puglia. I knew immediately that I would be returning, and after several months of plotting and planning have decided to spend the month of May in the old country. I have selected Bologna as my home base during the visit.

The purpose of this trip is to gather reference material – sketches and photos.- for a series of paintings to be completed in the studio upon my return home. To help finance this trip I am offering the following proposition: an opportunity to reserve a painting at a significantly reduced price (art futures?) or to purchase a current painting from the gallery, also at a reduced price.

12x48 $1200 Reserved price 25% off - $900
24x24 $1200 Reserved price 25% off - $900
24x30 $1500 Reserved price 30% off - $1000
36x36 $2500 Reserved price 40% off - $1500
30x40 $2500 Reserved price 40% off - $1500
48x48 $4500 Reserved price 50% off - $2250
48x60 $5000 Reserved price 50% off - $2500

All paintings will be on canvas or panels and wired for hanging.

In addition, I am offering twelve $150 gift certificates for a price of $100.

Here is how it will work. If three people reserve a 12x48 painting, I will have a minimum of 4 paintings available and selections will be made in the order in which I received the reservation. If someone does not find a painting that they like, I will paint another one, or offer a complete refund of their money. All money collected from this offer will be kept in escrow, and if for any reason I cannot make the trip, the money will be returned.

I plan to have all of the paintings ready for purchase and exhibition within 4-6 months of my return.
If you have any questions or special requests please contact me personally, by phone, or by e-mail.

Bill Renzulli

William Renzulli
wfrenzulli@mac.com
www.renzulliart.com
www.williamfrenzullimd.blogspot.com


1 comment:

Peanut said...

I wish I was there and could go through your studio and find something else to hang in my house.