Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Can’t get around much anymore



Life is much better when I am engaged in several ongoing projects simultaneously, each of different nature.  I find the ensuing clutter and busyness of the studio invigorating and conducive to work.  Unfortunately clutter has tendency to get out of hand, behaving almost biologically by asexually reproducing itself, and if unchecked, this eventually leads to stasis and inertia on my part. 

I am currently working on 3 commissions, 2 works on canvas and panels, and one watercolor, plus the Paducah Portfolio, and this is readily reflected in the state of the studio. 


The canvas is 36x48” and easily handled by one of my easels.  The panel is a  heavy 45x60” and requires a temporary easel easily configured with an A-frame ladder.  The downside to all of this is that the studio is a maze, and I can no longer go from point A to point B without wandering through points C and D.  I’ve been doing a lot of bobbing and weaving lately as I move about the work place.



 The flat surface seen to the left of the ladder is where I worked on the watercolor which is now finished.




Using the mobile carts to hold the different supplies and brushes makes it easier to move about when things get this crowded.

I enjoy doing commissions; because I know when I’m finished I won’t have to worry about finding a place to show them in the gallery.

No comments: