Thursday, July 24, 2014

BEFORE THE ARCHITECTURE AND THE BARNS



In the beginning – always a good place to start – before the notion of pursuing art professionally had occurred to me, I began drawing everything and anything, including people.  Photographs in magazines and the ads in medical journals served as models for my pencil, and occasional pen and ink drawings.   It would be several years before my fascination with architecture and the built environment developed.  Once that took hold I abandoned all other subjects, with the exception of  on the spot drawings during my emergency room years.  Serious interest in barns and the rural landscape came years later.

I would like to share with you some of those early drawings from the 1970s.

Oops   pencil

The Violinist   pencil

Hair   pen and ink




I don't know why I completely abandoned people for places.  Maybe this says something about a latent psychological temperament of mine.

No comments: