Saturday, July 30, 2016

THE RIVER

-->
LOOKING OUT  acrylic  16x40

Several months ago I began working on a series of paintings focused on the river that has given life to the city of Paducah.  The Ohio River is joined by the Tennessee River at the shores of our city, before moving on to the Mississippi River a few miles away.  A brisk morning walk easily gets me to the riverfront, only 8 blocks from our home.  From there I can see the river boats either slowly pushing their long line of barges up and down the river, or parked along the shore line, waiting their turn for whatever they wait for.  I have not figured our why they are called tugboats, since they push their loads rather than pull them.

So far one small area of the riverfront – about 4 blocks long – is providing me with more than enough visual material to work with.  My goal is to create a body of work, in a variety of media and sizes that can be exhibited in the next 6 to 12 months.  Of course they are also available now to any interested buyer.

ALMOST THERE  watercolor media  12x20
 The  portfolio - to date -  can be seen on my Facebook page.

No comments: