Monday, October 8, 2007

NOTHING SEEMS EASY ANYMORE!



I’m not sure how long I’ve been aware of this feeling...probably for several years. It began gradually, and has slowly extended into all aspects of my life. Things that I used to do or manage routinely, almost without thought and effort, now seem to require and inordinate amount of thought and energy, to the extent that they sometimes loom before me like insurmountable problems: keeping up with routine household business affairs, simple household repairs and maintenance, studio chores, keeping up with my mailing list, correspondence, etc.

As we get older, do our diminished capacities and resilience contribute to this phenomenon? Or does accumulated experience and wisdom cause us to see problems and obstacles that we overlooked with youthful naiveté? In either case, age is a factor, as it becomes in so many other aspects of our lives.

No comments: