Tuesday, November 4, 2008

REVISING THE OLD

No! I don't mean me. Without any new canvases to work on I turned to my pile of "losers", paintings I would not show anywhere, and began some reworking.

This piece originally had the tree against a light blue sky and an awful, stylized foreground...I don't know what I was thinking!!

Here is the revised painting, much better, I think.

Today I will pick up some new canvases, which is not to say there are no more losers in the studio.


Morning Fog acrylic 24x36" $1800

2 comments:

Linda said...

!! LIke your foggy morning photo from San Diego!! I would have liked to have seen this painting before you re-worked it for the learning experience. This end result is really beautiful. Very quiet and, well, foggy.

Lesley Rigby said...

As soon as I saw this painting I was instantly reminded of a morning dog walk with my husband and my son's dog. I felt the damp, the cold, the aroma of the morning once again. Same tree, same fence - I was there! It is superb.