Friday, December 10, 2010

THE PAST

is always with us, and the future is not far behind. Or so it seems. Whatever...I'm still looking back, hoping the view will provide some insight into the future.

Having completed the digital cataloging of all of my watercolors, I've turned my attention to the pastels. It was somewhat of a surprise to see just how many pastel paintings I had done in the last 10 years, most of them between 1998 and 2005. I eventually cut back on the pastels and watercolors because of the expense of framing, but after looking at all the slides and photos I find myself thinking...hmmmmm....maybe I should do just a few more...?

I'm almost finished with the pastels, and the next task will be to look at that vast hodgepodge of work (clay, mixed media, etc.) I did during my first few years in Paducah.

Is this...will this...help me? Don't know, but it sure is a lot of fun. Here is a sampling of some of the pastels from the past:


NYC skyline 30x40


West KY Landscape 20x30


someones memory 20x30


Jersey Barn 30x40

Clouds 30x20

No comments: