Wednesday, June 20, 2012

GALLERY – STUDIO NEWSLETTER


For the past two years I have been sending a brief e-newsletter every 2-3 weeks to friends and patrons of my work.  It is personal and private, and no third parties are involved, so email addresses are never shared or compromised.  Here is my most recent letter in which I reviewed their goals.

Dear friends,
I sent my first e-newsletter in the fall of 2009.  They were sent weekly to promote a series of small, affordable paintings for holiday shopping, with no intent to continue them beyond the New Year…so much for intentions.
I would like to say that the response to the letters was so incredible that popular demand would not allow me to stop them.  I would like to say that, but that would be stretching the truth a wee bit.  I LIKE to write, and that, plus a few very positive comments and no negative ones, was enough to keep me going.  In this 64th letter (no significance to the number) I thought it would be appropriate to look at how my goals for these letters have evolved.
1. To be entertaining and to make reading the letter an enjoyable exercise.
2. To be informative about the process and motivation of my art as well as plans and upcoming events.
3. To exhibit, promote, and sell new artwork.
4. To be as BRIEF as possible.  I don’t know about you, but my attention span is disappearing faster then the hair on my head.
5. I may, from time to time, veer off into non-art matters…such as…oh…. PASTA?
I welcome your comments and feedback and will gladly answer questions or discuss issues you may have regarding my art. 

If you would like to receive these newsletters please email me at wfrenzulli@mac.com.


No comments: