Sunday, November 10, 2013

THE ARCHIVIST



I find myself racing in opposite directions.  The future excites me with the promise of new work and new horizons to a degree I have not experienced in recent years.  At the same this excitement is duplicated as I review and organize my work from years past, putting digital files into hard copy books using software on my computer.

I am looking forward to using the experience gained from the yearlong project, the Paducah Portfolio, on a similar endeavor, with the specifics yet to be determined.  I enjoy being engaged in projects of this size and nature that offer a variety of creative challenges.

Even as I’m mentally planning and exploring new work, I have been busy reviewing and editing the photos of my older work, looking at ways of archiving the slides digital files into hard copy.  As far back as 1978, when I first began painting, I photographed all of my work.  The resulting slides were far from professional, but after having them commercially scanned in high resolution, I’ve been able to preserve reasonably accurate images with a little tweaking in Photoshop.  I’ve created the following photo books using online software:




 Contact me if you are interested in any of the above books.  I have them printed on demand and shipped directly to you.

No comments: