Monday, October 25, 2010

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN




Not long after moving to Paducah 8 years ago I began playing with left over scraps of museum and illustration board, combining them with other "stuff" I had lying around the studio...left over from my model railroad days. The result was this mixed media skyline, OK, but not good enough to hang on the gallery wall. Sometime later I decided to place it on the front of the house under the porch, even though it was not really weather proof. To my surprise it survived for almost 5 years. What you can't see in the pic is the warping and peeling of many of the pieces.

All in all it has served me very well and is now destined for the trash, after salvaging a few parts.

1 comment:

Aynex Mercado said...

I love that in front of your house. It said "An artist lives here". You have to make a new one!