Tuesday, January 4, 2011


Well, perhaps that is a slight exaggeration, but not by much. I've decided to start this new year by cataloging each and every bit of art in my studio and gallery. I've made noise in this blog before about the overcrowding I live with...I sell a lot of art, but it seems I paint more than I sell, and the result is no big surprise. In spite of my efforts to maintain accurate records, a computer crash a few years ago, plus a bit of sloppiness, has left me with a growing discrepancy between my records and my actual inventory. That is about to change.

The first step...get everything out where it could be seen and recorded. This meant emptying all of the storage bins, some of which have not been disturbed for years.



With all of the framed art out in the open I began measuring and recording, cataloging the art my the media.

I gotta admit...it's kinda scary.

No comments: