Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Re-claiming and re-inventing

For the past several weeks I've been taking a few moments each day to look at the completed paintings that are scattered all over the studio and gallery, identifying those that I now consider to be "beyond redemption and giving them a thick new coat of gesso.  Somewhere along the way I got the idea of working with molding paste, inks, and acrylic to create what I am now calling Imagined Landscapes.

For now I have limited myself to smaller canvases and panels, and I am having fun...lots of fun; I may or may not decide to work larger. 

My plan is to show all the new work in the gallery in December on our Second Saturday gallery walk.

At this point none of the pieces have been titled.

#2...12x12

#3...11x14

#4...14x14

#5...12x12

No comments: