Saturday, October 4, 2014

ANYTHING BUT A BARN

I wonder why some people think I only paint barns and farms.  Do you think posting 125  A Barn A Day pics this year has something to do with that perception?  It may be time to consider a different approach, perhaps "anything but a barn a day".  Naw...that's to vague.  It has to be more specific, like "a streetscape a day", or "a storefront a day" - or maybe  "the daily urban landscape".  That's it!  I like The Daily Urban Landscape".

I'll start with the most urban place I've experienced, New York City.


China Town - NYC
Watercolor aprox. 12x16
1982

In 1982 I spent a long weekend in NYC as a guest of my cousin who lived in Manhattan.  For 2 days I walked from one end of the island to the other with my camera, shooting roll after roll of 35mm film.  I accumulated enough photos (slides) to provide a lifetime of resource material.  This is one of my favorites from that series.

No comments: