Tuesday, April 12, 2016

4-12-16 Where’s the Parsley?




Tuesday is pasta night, as is Thursdays, Sundays, and occasionally Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.- and on other occasions, Saturday.  I decided yesterday that I have been in somewhat of a pasta rut, serving the same sauces over and over again, and wanted to try something different tonight.  After considerable thought (I like using the word “considerable”, it has an important ring to it.) I decided I would create a variation of Aglio Olio Crudo with a bit of an early Spring flare.



INGREDIENTS:

1.     Angel hair pasta
2.     Asparagus
3.     Grape or Cherry tomatoes halved
4.     Mozzarella cheese cut into bite size pieces
5.     Garlic, finely chopped
6.     Italian parsley finely chopped
7.     Olive oil
8.     Parsley
9.     Salt & pepper to taste

PROCESS:

I seared the asparagus on our electric grill, and cut them into bite size pieces and set them aside.  When the pasta was ready I placed it in the serving dish and mixed in all of the ingredients, plus about 1/3 cup of the pasta water and drizzled in the olive oil. To my dismay the parsley I bought this morning was nowhere to be found.  I even checked the trash to see if I could have inadvertently thrown it out.  It was only after noticing the bananas I purchased were also missing that I realized I left one of the grocery bags at the store.  I could do without the parsley and bananas, but the bag also contained a package of Broccoli Rabe!

However, even without the parsley, this dish was good, and it will definitely be seen on our table again.

No comments: