Friday, December 8, 2017

12-8-17 Aglio Olio



The pasta gods have been good to me, granting me another night in pasta heaven.  Working on the outline for a Pasta Journal, I realized that for years I’ve been making Aglio Olio Crudo (oil and garlic uncooked) and not the traditional Aglio Olio. Tonight I decided to change that.



INGREDIENTS:

1.     Spaghetti
2.     Olive oil
3.     Garlic – 1large clove thinly sliced
4.     Butter –about 1 tbsp
5.     Red pepper flakes
6.     Parsley
7.     Salt and pepper
8.     Grating cheese

PROCESS:

Cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil until golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the butter, parsley, and the pasta and mix well. I added about a ¼ cup of pasta water and a few drizzles of olive oil.  Serve with a parsley garnish.

COMMENTS:

Of all the pasta dishes I prepare this is the most personal. It triggers immediate treasured memories of my parents and our extended family. If I were to be granted oneå last meal, it would be this, and I would depart with a smile on my face.


No comments: