Sunday, January 17, 2010

BURY ME NOT

on the horizon! Looking at all of my paintings from the last 7 years it is obvious I have spent years there already. After every painting I tell myself, it is time to move on, to a different perspective, or composition, or subject, or ANYTHING, as long as it doesn't have a big sky and small foreground. So what am I doing now? Creating work for a show in March with the theme, The Horizon. To my credit, there are several paintings that have a small sky and a big foreground. (I'll take credit wherever I can find it.)

This latest piece is completed, or nearly completed, depending on how I feel after several days of viewing it on the easel. It is done on a 24x24 panel, over a previously "failed" self portrait. My apologies for the uninspired name.


Violet Sky

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Hope that you won't change the sky -I LOVE it!