Friday, January 22, 2010

HIGH ON SKIES

I can't seem to help myself. Standing in front of the easel my hand always moves down the canvas to locate the horizon and I'm left with the challenge of creating another large and interesting sky. As is probably evident by now, I prefer to use my imagination to "make up" the skies and clouds. In this painting I fell back on the wet paper towel technique where I brush in the colors, keeping them wet with a spray bottle of water, and then working them together using wads of wet paper towels.


Clouds...acrylic...36x36

I don't believe this is the finished product; there are some glazes I want to add to the foreground.

1 comment:

Julio Rodrigues said...

I may have said this before but I share your interest in expansive and dramatic skies. You are a master at it, and I continue to look at your work and marvel.