Friday, January 29, 2010

A NEW DAY

and a new painting. Leaving the flat farms of the mid west I decided to visit some of the landscapes from my home state of New Jersey. This painting was inspired by the marshes and tide water inlets in southern NJ. I have deliberately left out the many dead tree trunks that frequently stick up out of the marshes. (in keeping with my "no barns no trees" policy I established for my last several paintings.) I was also looking for a different atmospheric mood in this piece.


Morning Marsh...acrylic...24x24

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Whoo, a beautiful interpretation of a marsh!
Also wrote Patience that I saw you quoted in the art magazine "Art Calender" in an article about the cheap prices of houses in Paducah.
Must say, it sounds very attractive, if you know what houses and living cost in California!