Friday, September 17, 2010

NOW WHAT?


watercolor...18x24

After spending the last several weeks with this painting on the drawing table, I believe I will miss having it to turn to whenever the mood strikes. Working on a painting like this, almost mindlessly in bits and snatches everyday creates a bond...almost like a companion...and now that it is done I will have nothing to turn to. Unless of course I come up with another one. I already have one in mind, another large ancient structure that contributes to the Piazza Maggiore in central Bologna.

And in between the bits and snatches there are the clay drawings:


White awnings...4x6'


Wonderful memories...7x14

1 comment:

Julio Rodrigues said...

These clay drawings are very original and beautiful. Have you posted your method? If so, can you point me to it?