Friday, September 3, 2010

THE STUDIO DAYS

seem to roll seamlessly into one another at a pace that is anything but hectic. There is no urgency to the work, for which I am very grateful. I currently have 3 works in progress: another clay drawing and 2 watercolors. If I can ever overcome the inertia I will begin working on another acrylic. About a week ago I posted the early stage of one of the watercolors, a pair of palaces. Since then I have completed the drawing and today applied thin wash of warm color over the entire surface.


on the Piazza Maggiore...watercolor in progress...22x30

The next step will be to begin painting the architecture, and given my work habits, that may not take place for another 2 or 3 days, or longer.

In the meantime, there is always another clay drawing waiting for my attention.


Piazza del Popolo in Ravenna...clay drawing...aprox. 7x21


Markets...clay drawing...7x12

No comments: