Friday, February 11, 2011

IN PRAISE OF CIABATTA BREAD

Eating alone is not my favorite thing to do...EXCEPT...when I treat myself to a ciabatta lunch. Not any ciabatta bread, but Josh's ciabatta. Let me say right now, I am not a paid spoke person for Kirchoff's bakery. The simple truth is that I am addicted to this wonderful bread, which is rather amazing since until now I have considered bread to be an accessory to a meal. OK, more than an accessory where sandwiches are involved.

Patience is working today and I am alone in the house with Mama Pajama, Fat Charlie, Delia, Luciano, Sam I Am, Swede William, Lindy Loo, and the 4 poopies...I mean puppies. Or do I? She won't be home until somewhere around 8 PM so my mid-day meal will be solo, and I cannot wait!



The meal is simple elegance. Two slices of toasted ciabatta on a bed of arugula, drizzled with olive oil and fresh lemon juice and covered with grated parmesean cheese. On the side, mozarella and fresh tomatoes, and of course, a glass of your favorite wine. For lunch I prefer a cabernet or chianti.

And after lunch? It is studio time. The Cambridge painting is slowly taking shape, and I've returned to the small watercolor landscapes that I was painting during the last few months of 2009.




Moore's Place wc 7x10

No comments: