Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SIMPLE PLEASURES

The mid-day meal has become one of the highlights of my day, a time when I can enjoy rather simple food, without a lot of prep time and without the subtle let down that comes after diner as the day takes its toll on my energy and ambition.



This has become one of my very favorite lunches. Asparagus (nuked for 2 minutes in the microwave) on 1 or 2 slices of toasted ciabatta bread drizzled with olive oil and fresh lemon juice, and covered with grated Parmesan cheese. On the side, fresh mozzarella and prosciutto, and of course a small glass of red wine for one's daily health. For this to be truly a delightful experience the bread must be from Kirchoff's bakery...anything other than Josh's bread will be second best.

1 comment:

Julio Rodrigues said...

I took notes on this one.