Saturday, February 19, 2011

WHAT' NEW?

For the past 6-8 weeks I've been working almost exclusively with watercolor, so earlier this week I decided to spend at least some time on a new acrylic painting. I wanted to do something different, and after several thumbnail sketches decided on going vertical and stark. I chose a 48x24" canvas, put on my work shirt, and got my hands dirty. The result...


#1 I looked at this on the easel for several days before deciding I didn't like it and reworked the painting.


#2 This is the current state, which I prefer to the first one. Interestingly in the photos the first one is more appealing to me.

While playing with this barren tree trunk I have been working on the Cambridge watercolor and today completed the painting. I'll look at it for a few days to see if I need to make any adjustments.


Cambridge...watercolor...12x17

No comments: