Sunday, November 18, 2012

PREPARING FOR 5 AT 5

I've decided that for my last event in the gallery for 2012 I will combine new work with selected older pieces to show 5 years of imaginative landscape paintings.  Initially it was conceived as an exhibit of works on canvas, but I haven't ruled out including other media.   The unifying theme of the exhibit will be the use of abstraction in creating an objective vision.

 I literally stumbled on this process when I first started working with acrylics on canvas and panels almost 7 years ago.  On my very first attempt with the media I discovered I could not do the necessary brush work to create the image I wanted, and out of frustration more than anything else, I began working with the palette knife, and after pushing the paint around for what seemed like forever, the result was a landscape I really liked.

Dark Forrest...30c49



Dark Forrest was my first...and I have continued to use the same approach on selective paintings since then.

Add caption
Transitions...12x24
I hope to have the show up and ready by Thanksgiving.  The opening reception will be Saturday, December 8, from 5 to 8 P.M.

 Of course none of this will happen until I find a place for all of  the paintings currently in the gallery...my ongoing struggle for space.

No comments: