Tuesday, January 22, 2013

REGROUPING



January has become the time of the year when I break from my usual work routine, more mentally than physically, and re-assess what I’m doing, and look at what I would like for the year ahead.

One of the events I am eagerly anticipating is a visit this April from my daughter Sara who will be conducting needle-felting workshops during her stay here (I’ll be posting more details about this later).  I will be exhibiting her work in Gallery 5 and will host an opening reception on Thursday, April 25, from 5 to 8 P.M.  Her work is amazing.





 You can see more of Sara’s work on her website, Sarafina fiber art.

My main effort continues to be the Paducah Portfolio, which keeps me as busy as I want to be.  When the weather cooperates, I take off with my camera exploring the neighborhoods and areas of town I have not visited during our 10 plus years in Paducah.  It brings back memories from 1985 when I was engaged in a similar project in Wilmington Delaware.


Broadway starts here...or does it end here?





No comments: