Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FINISHED...FINALLY...FOREVER

This painting has been keeping me awake at night. I thought it was finished when I tried cropping it, but I had to agree with my friend Wynn who thought the larger sky provided a better overall composition (which is why I painted it that way in the beginning . So I went back and re-worked the sky, trying to eliminate the overwhelming constant orange. I think I succeeded, but am not sure this photo adequately depicts the change...I lightened the sky as it approaches the horizon and made some subtle changes in the foreground water.

I promise you...this will be the last time I post anything about this painting!

Here are the previous "editions"...cropped and un-cropped.






and here is the final, never to be touched again painting.

No comments: