Thursday, March 24, 2011

HAVE I TOLD YOU TODAY THAT I LOVE YOU 1

Since starting this blog almost 7 years ago I have occasionally posted excerpts from my book, HAVE I TOLD YOU TODAY THAT I LOVE YOU. Beginning today I will be posting an excerpt weekly, presenting the entire book over the next 3-4 months.

PREFACE

These words come from a place deep within me, born out of times of anguish, frustration, joy and sorrow, successes and failures, and seasoned by liberal doses of anxiety, depression, and self doubt in a spiritual awakening that literally transformed my life. I discovered my soul.

These experiences have come together to form a central force that has guided my life, enabling me to navigate a personal journey that at one time was unthinkable.

I am indebted to others who, through their writing, have shared the experiences and lessons of their own personal journeys. I hope that I can do the same for those that follow me.





TO MY CHILDREN

In the course of your lifetime you will come to know and learn much. Your mind will incorporate data from countless hours of listening, reading, and observing, where it will be filtered and stored, all very rational. But there is another way of knowing, irrational or non cerebral, not in the head, but in the heart. A sense of knowing felt deeply within yourself, where it may come to you directly, out of the blue with no previous inclination of such, or it may be something you have known in your head, but suddenly experience at another level, finding yourself saying, “so that’s what they meant when they said...”.

What I hope to share with you is what I have come to learn and know, at that deeper level, in the course of my lifetime. I cannot trace its origin, which is far too diverse to remember, but all of it I know, deep in my heart, to be true for me. Reading and remembering this is fine, but only when you incorporate it into your heart, when you truly know it, does it become wisdom by which you will guide yourself.

I am not so presumptuous as to believe that I am the only one who can tell you of these matters. You will read and hear from others much wiser and learned than me. And of course you will live through your own experiences, folding into your own body of wisdom that which you choose. I write this because I have often been helped by the words of others, and perhaps, in some way, these words will help you.

No comments: