Saturday, May 18, 2013

HERE WE GO AGAIN



Friday…5 PM mountain time

What is it about the best-laid plans of mice and men?  After an early flight from Paducah on Wednesday, I arrived in San Diego around noon, Pacific Time, looking forward to 6 days with my friends Harvey and Jean.  Late Thursday afternoon Patient calls to tell me she is going to the ER with a fever and severe headaches.  She was promptly admitted with a temperature of 103, looking awful and feeling worse.

I quickly called the airlines and arranged to fly home today (Friday); I left SD at 2 PM Pacific Time, and am currently in the air, half way to Chicago.  If all goes well I will be back in Paducah at or about 10; 30 CT, hoping with everything I have that They will find out what is wrong with P and successfully treat it.

Saturday…9 AM

I arrived as scheduled and reached P’s bedside by 11 PM last night.  Her temperature has been normal for 24 hours, and if it remains so, she can come home later today to an overwhelming greeting by her canine family.

I woke up this morning somewhat confused...Had I really been in San Diego?  It has all happened so quickly.

 

1 comment:

coasterwiggs said...

Hope Patience is better. How scary to get a call like that when you were so far away.