Wednesday, May 29, 2013

THE PADUCAH PORTFOLIO…13 The Butcher

-->
Have you heard the one about the butcher who backed into the meat grinder?  He got a little behind in his work.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m not that butcher as I work on this Paducah Portfolio, getting behind in the work.  Actually not “behind” but “behinds”.  I’ve just completed another painting, and like so many others, it depicts the back of a series of buildings on Broadway.  It is not as if I don’t like the fronts of the buildings, but there are so many interesting lines, shapes, and textures in the back that do not conform to any pattern, and I think it this mix of non-conforming lines and shapes that captures my attention.

Behind them all...watercolor with pastel, ink, and acrylid
I won't tell you where this is, but here is a hint...someone very dear to me works in one of these buildings.  (click on the image to see the full painting which is aprox. 19x25")

Just when I think I’m about done I find more places demanding to be included in the portfolio.  If I don’t figure out how to say no I will end up with a totally unwieldy tome that weighs 25 pounds or more!
-->-->

No comments: