Monday, April 4, 2011

ANOTHER WEEK...ANOTHER TWEAK

It took be a few weeks, but I finally got back to this pastel which had been left in limbo. I wasn't pleased with the results and debated with myself whether or not it was worth saving. Here it is as last posted:


I decided to give it one more chance and re-worked the wall, the bridge, and their respective reflections. I also added the reflection of the background foliage.



I believe I've succeeded in salvaging the painting. Could it be better? Yes, but that could be said of every painting. More importantly to me...I learned something from all of this...pay close attention to the critical details even as you develop the overall composition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I thought the original was pretty darn good, but the reflections of the foliage make it better.