Sunday, April 10, 2011

MAYBE…JUST MAYBE



The muses may be coming home. It has been several weeks since I’ve had any interest in painting, and have been spending my days on busy work, not an unfamiliar plight. There are 2 options available to me when this happens, wait patiently because the muses always return, or force the issue by picking up a pen or brush and entice them back. Yesterday I decided to try the enticing route by creating some clay prints, and was encouraged with the results. As always, creating abstract landscape with this medium requires the right combination of color and texture, often reached by trial and error. I took a different approach with the finished prints and mounted them on a cradled hardboard panel and applied several coats of cold was medium. It is still early in the process but I’m thinking of working on a series of these landscapes, keeping them in the 8x10 to 11x14 range.


11x14

9x12

10x8

6x6

Just maybe, there are muses in my future.

No comments: