Monday, January 9, 2012

1-9…pasta with leftover pork loin and vegetables


The secret to the success of tonight’s dinner was the marinade I used in last night’s feast of roasted pork loin and vegetables.

The marinade:

Olive oil, Coarsely chopped sun dried tomatoes,  Red wine,  Juice of one lemon,  Parmigiano reggiano cheese,  Fresh parsley,  Salt and pepper,  Dry basil and oregano

Combine and mix all ingredients in a bowl, then pulse in a food processor to a creamy consistency. Marinate the pork loin for at least an hour, then add left over marinade to the baking pan with the meat and veggies.. ( I used sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, brussels sprouts, and finger potatoes.) Tonight I cut the meat into ½ inch pieces and heated it along with the veggies and a splash of sweet vermouth, while the pasta was cooking. The pasta was added to the pan along with a bit of the pasta water and served with a sprinkling of cheese.

Once again I am restrained by my modesty from proclaiming this a FANTATSTIC, MOST WONDERFUL MEAL. So I will simply say it was delicious.

No comments: