Thursday, December 13, 2007

3 SEAFOOD PASTA IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE

I love pasta, all shapes, sizes and in all sauces!! I love pasta with fish sauce, with meat sauce, with vegetables and with nothing but olive oil and garlic. Growing up with pasta on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and all holidays, I don’t think I’ve every met a pasta that I didn’t like (excluding all canned pasta.)

Fortunately, I also love to cook pasta, and although we don’t have the rigid schedule of my childhood years, I’m certain we eat pasta a minimum of 3 days a week, and usually more. Even more fortunately, my dear wife Patience, a bona fide Anglo, not only loves pasta but can cook pasta as creatively as anyone.

I enjoy looking through the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry to see what is available, than putting something together for another pasta dinner.

Because my memory has become a thing of the past, I began recording these concoctions (I am reluctant to call them recipes because nothing is measured of closely timed.), and the guests that were there to share them. Did I mention that we live in a community of friends where dinners are freely shared?

Here is one of my “recipes”, and, as with everything I do, there is plenty of flexibility in the ingredients.

INGREDIENTS
scallops, shrimp, orange roughy
angel hair pasta
tomatoes-whole, or diced
white wine
garlic. shallots, 4-5 anchovie fillets (finely chopped)
butter
basil, paprika, parsley
red pepper flakes
heavy cream

saute garlic, shallots, anchovies, red pepper flakes and parsley in olive oil and butter. then add the seafood and cook on high for several minutes, adding paprika and basil for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat and add white wine and simmer for about 10 minutes. add the tomatoes and cook uncovered for about 20-30 minutes to reduce the volume of liquid. Add cream-about 1/2 cup- and stir till thickened.

Mix thoroughly w the pasta and serve.

served to T,P, Char and Jay on 12-7-04

2 comments:

Aynex Mercado said...

I like that you love to cook pasta as much as I like eating it. Yours only, that is.

dog face girls said...

Yummy!!! I miss your cooking especially the gravy and Patience's chicken paprika.

Hugs,

Vee