Sunday, December 9, 2007

SHADOW BOXES


The first inconvenience store. mixed media aprox. 26" high, 12" wide, and 6" deep


I just realized that in all the stuff I’ve been posting I have not included a single shadow box! I don’t do them very often, for a number of reasons, but they certainly reflect “mixed media” more than anything else I do. They had their start when I was working on my model railroad back on the farm in Maryland. They are more fun than anything I else that I do, but they raise havoc in the studio, every tool and every bit of junk I've collected over the years end up all over eveyrthing!


Detail

Detail


King St. Markets mixed media aprox 20"X3"x4''



1 comment:

Mariner Whippets said...

Ahh...Inconvenience Store. I remember seeing this piece when I would visit the farm for race meets. Its the only piece of art I have never been able to get out of my mind. I always regret not buying it. Unfortunately, at the time, my taste in art and my salary were a little too far a part and by the time they caught up to each other it was sold.

Thanks for posting the pictures. It was nice to visit it again.