Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE



This is the first stage in this painting, and I'm seriously considering making it the final one, a far cry from bold, colorful painting I originally planned.



I started this painting with a fairly clear idea of what I wanted, and have, to a large extent, been able to stay on track. As usual, the painting itself has dictated a few changes, the main one being how I will treat the light source and how I can manipulate that to create the drama that I want. I think this will not be decided until the final stages. The next step is to add several more large trees in the foreground.

1 comment:

Terry Banderas said...

William--

I like your new painting. Maybe if you put a flock of birds in the distance--a focal point for the painting--you can call this one done. Hope all is well with you.