Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CAFFES I HAVE VISITED



Those of you who know me can understand how difficult it is for me to take time to stop for lunch when I could be visiting all the churches, cathedrals, and ancient museums filled with stuff about dead Italians. After all...why come to Bologna if all you do is eat? Exercising the same tenacious will that allowed me to climb those almost 500 steps yesterday, I do occasionally allow myself the pleasure of at least a little food. As proof of this, I offer these sketches and photos of some of my culinary experiences.





And as often as not...I prepare my own meals in the apartment.


This morning I will take the 9AM train from Bologna to Ferrara, a small medieval city about 30 miles from here.

2 comments:

patience-please said...

Happy birthday! And happy travels, too.

Karen said...

Bill....I just love these sketches!