Sunday, May 23, 2010

FROM AN ITALIAN SKETCHBOOK



Today's post will be short on narrative and focus more on pages from my sketchbook. The primary purpose of this trip was to provide the opportunity to photograph and draw/sketch the visual experiences I encountered. I have been away from this "on the spot" drawing for many years and quite honesty had some doubts about my abilities to do this. As it turned out, they were not unfounded...and my early attempts at drawing were dismal failures. It felt like my hands were blocks of lead and my eyes could not make sense of anything. But then things changed, and the drawing became easier, and enjoyable, and unlike the earlier efforts I now eagerly anticipate the next drawing session. Enough said. In no particular order...








1 comment:

cowango said...

These are simply spectacular Bill (I can't believe no one has made that observation here yet!) Intimate, spontaneous, human.