Thursday, January 9, 2014

LETTING GO


This from some musings about change:

I have come to realize that a critical element of change is learning to let go of that which is familiar and comfortable.

Sometimes change cannot occur without this letting.  While all of my focus recently has been on getting rid of the accumulated “stuff” in my life, which occasionally borders on the excessive, the real work is recognizing the shifting needs, dreams, and aspirations that create the fabric of my interior life and define who I am, or at least who I want to be.

I wanted to be a physician…and became one

I wanted to be an artist…and became one

I want to be a writer...?

It has occurred to me that letting go of the “stuff” that has accumulated in my studio over these many years, will be more difficult than letting go of how I see and define myself.



Something's gotta give

No comments: