Friday, January 31, 2014

WHAT’S FOR DINNER TO NIGHT?

 
I ask myself this when I can’t decide, or don’t know what to do.  Sometimes I get lazy and simply don’t feel like cooking.  Other times, like tonight, I don’t mind cooking but can’t settle on a menu.
I have a refrigerator full of fresh veggies, and roasted vegetables over pasta or rice sound really good. But that requires just a little more work than I’m willing to do.  Maybe tomorrow night.

There is also a butternut squash on the bottom shelf; this is great weather for some thick creamy soup (cold and wet outside).  But peeling BN squash is a real pain in the ass and I’m not up to task tonight.

We can always send out for something, but we already did that once this week, and I don’t want to abuse that option.

Leftover” Nope ate them all this afternoon.  Maybe a “fix your own”?  No, P has had a rough week and she should not have to come home from work and fix her own dinner.

What other options do I have?  Let me think…I know.  How about PASTA?  I just happen to have a nice bunch of Broccoli Rabe in the fridge.  It will be simple to prepare, taste wonderful, and make us both very happy.  I am so glad I thought of that.




What would I do without pasta

No comments: