Friday, April 11, 2008

HOUSE PORTRAITS

I've been painting houses throughout my entire art career, both on commission and on speculation. If you enjoy the visual delights of architecture there is no way to avoid this enterprise. I am most comfortable working with watercolor when painting architecture, although I am slowly gaining more confidence using acrylics.

This next series of posts will be devoted to some of the house portraits of the past.


Wilmington Delaware Patience and I lived next door.


Dover Delaware


Wilmington Delaware

2 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

All three are just beautiful, Bill. I really like the way you leave parts unfinished sometimes with just the line drawing.

Julio Rodrigues said...

They don't make new houses like this anymore...our loss. The tall and narrow design is very picturesque.