Monday, April 21, 2008

LAUNCHING PATIENCE

Patience leaves this morning for the Whippet Nationals in Eugene Oregon. Last night, for her send off dinner, I prepared the following dish. I would like to say it was just for her, but, alas, I was also thinking of myself. She will be gone for four days, and my usual fare when she is away is hot dogs and baked beans. I’m not feeling sorry for myself, because the truth is, I love hot dogs, and the only time I eat them is when she is gone. In any event, we ate “high off the hog” last night.

As I’ve stated before, I don’t do recipes, and what follows is a general guide...you can’t go wrong with it! I used frozen artichoke hearts and frozen precooked and peeled shrimp.

Tortellini w shrimp, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, in cream sauce

This was a spontaneous dinner as a send off for P’s trip to Oregon tomorrow, and we both agreed it was easily a 15 on a scale of 10 !

INGREDIENTS:

Tortellini
garlic, shallot, fresh finely chopped parsley
red paper flakes
butter
olive oil
sun dried tomatoes
white wine
lemon juice
butter
heavy whipping cream
Old bay seasoning

Sauté the garlic, shallots, parsley with pepper flakes in olive oil. Add a little white wine and lemon juice along with the artichoke hearts (frozen), finely chopped sun dried tomatoes and . Cook for about 5 minutes then add the shrimp and a sprinkling of old bay seasoning When the wine is cooked off add a healthy pad of butter and the cream. Stir frequently for several minutes then add the almost cooked tortellini, stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes and serve with grated parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Peanut said...

oh now I'm crying I want to go home to Oregon. Has patience ever been? She is going to love it. Eugene isn't the best but it's not the worst either.

Rachelle