Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HOMEMADE FETTUCINI IN TOMATO SAUCE 8-24

My new pasta machine arrived yesterday which means the only decision I have to make regarding tonight’s dinner is…fettuccini or ravioli? At this point (It is only 12:30 PM) I am leaning towards the fettuccini, but that may change at any time.



6:30 PM…I feel redeemed! It was not my dough that was the problem. Making pasta tonight with the new machine (Marcato, made in Italy and purchased from Amazon.com) was both easy and fun, with none of the frustrations I experienced with the other machine. I made a small batch of fettucini for Patience and me. In the freezer I found a package of Sunday gravy that I made last month and decided to spare myself the work of making a fresh sauce.

I still have a lot to learn. You may not be able to tell from the photo but some of the pasta is sticking together…probably need more flour dusting before it’s cut.

THE PASTA:

This was a 2 egg batch of dough, using 2 large eggs for 8oz. all purpose flour. The recommended recipe was 1 egg to 31/2 ounces of flour, but I added the extra flour because of the high humidity.

THE SAUCE:

This is a rich, sausage based sauce that I have described in previous posts. As usual with left over sauce, the sausage is long gone.


No comments: