Friday, August 19, 2011

LINGUINE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI 8-19

With Patience away for the weekend I invited my “cousin from New Jersey” (his wife is also out of town) to join me for dinner.

I refused to cook anything that resembled zucchini or summer squash…and decided on broccoli with a touch of sausage.



INGREDIENTS:

Linguine
Broccoli
Sausage…removed from the casing
Olive Oil
Lemon
Garlic

PROCESS:

Cook the sausage and remove from pan. Add the olive oil and cook the garlic until soft.. Bring the pasta water to a boil and cook the broccoli for about 4 minutes. Drain the broccoli and add to the pan with the oil and garlic. Return the sausage to the pan and simmer under low heat. Add lemon juice to the pan.



Cook the past in the broccoli water, add to the pan and mix well.

COMMENTS:

I committed a cardinal sin tonight…forgetting to salt the pasta water. As a result I felt the dish was less than superb and give it a 71/2 or 8.



But, the company more than made up for the culinary shortcoming of the cook.

No comments: