Saturday, August 13, 2011

LINGUINI WITH SALMON-ASPARAGUS-SQUASH 8-13

Feeling less than well I find myself facing the dinner hour with less than maximum enthusiasm tonight. This of course translates into something tried and true, and that means salmon, asparagus, lemon, a little white wine and some cream. As a token push of the envelope I’ll add some yellow squash (we have tons of it on hand.).



INGREDIENTS:

Linguini
Asparagus, cut into 1-2” pieces
Salmon, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
Dill
Garlic, shallots
Olive oil
Yellow squash, diced
White wine
Parsley, coarsely chopped.
Lemon
Butter
Heavy whipping cream

PROCESS:

While waiting for the pasta water to boil sauté the garlic and shallots until soft, add the squash and asparagus plus lemon juice and herbs and cook over low heat until cooked through. Then add the salmon and white wine and cook uncovered. After placing the pasta in the water add the cream and butter and stir frequently. If a thicker sauce is desired add about ¾ tsp of corn starch. Add the pasta to the pan and mix well. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.

COMMENTS:

After eating this dinner I feel the best that I have felt all day. Of course the wine has had nothing to do with this.

Seriously, as my grandson William says (ad nauseum), this is a great dish. I especially like the texture that the squash added.


No comments: